Parents: Please read the following statements carefully. You will be asked to sign that you have read this when you enroll your student.
Mission Statement: To glorify God by providing spiritual, social, emotional, and academic enrichment to home school families and the community (Luke 2:52).
I certify that I consent to and will submit to all governing policies of the Co-op, including all applicable policies in the UHC Handbook. I also understand that:
- The Upstate Homeschool Co-op exists to bring together homeschooling families for common support and encouragement. It is not a purpose or goal of The Upstate Homeschool Co-op to become an organization focused on growing itself or seeking approval of its activities by outsiders or those within The Upstate Homeschool Co-op that disagree with its philosophy, decisions, or activities.
- The Upstate Homeschool Co-op admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the Co-op. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other UHC-administered programs.
I understand that the standards of the school do not tolerate profanity, obscenity in word or action, dishonor to the Holy Trinity and the Word of God, disrespect to the personnel and membership of UHC or the host facility, or continued disobedience to the established policies of the school.
I understand that the services of the school are engaged by mutual consent, and that either the school or I reserve the right to terminate any or all services at any time in accordance with the Financial Agreement. I understand that this Handbook does not contractually bind Upstate Homeschool Co-op and is subject to change without notice by decision of the Upstate Homeschool Co-op Board of Directors.
I understand that admission to UHC is a privilege, not a right, and admission for one school year does not guarantee automatic admission for future school years.
I have read the UHC Handbook and will make sure my child understands his/her responsibilities. I agree to:
- Oversee my child’s work, encouraging him/her to do his/her best.
- Instruct him/her in appropriate classroom etiquette and the proper behavior when in a church facility.
- Read all of the information I receive from UHC.
- Make all payments by the dates due with the understanding that UHC is a business and has financial obligations to our employees and business partners.
- Be responsible for checking my email daily, and especially before each week’s class, for any messages.
- Be responsible for the charges for no-show or tardiness as listed in the parent assistant requirements for my shift as a parent assistant.
- If my child fails to comply with the signed student contract (3rd-5th, 6th-12th), he/she may be removed from class and/or UHC.