Navigating the High School Maze
Looking for our Beginning Homeschool Seminar? Click HERE!
Hosted by UHC Executive Director, Suzanne Brown and the UHC High School Program Director.
This seminar is mandatory for any family enrolling a high student student at UHC.
Part 1 of this seminar covers:
- SC Homeschooling Law
- Options, Accountability Groups, Diploma Requirements
- CP, Honors, Dual Enrollment, Dual Credit
- Course Descriptions, Honors Addendums, Rubrics
- 4 yr. Planning, 1 yr. Course of Study, SC Uniform Grading Scale, Logs
- Record Keeping–What to Keep and Why
- Transcripts and GPA
- Additional Information for Transcripts Activities
- Testing (PSAT/ACT/SAT)
- State Scholarships and Qualifications
- Honor Societies
Part 2 includes an optional 1:1 counseling session.
- Bring a transcript if you have one already in place.
- Doing your homework beforehand is critical to make this session as efficient and helpful as possible.
- For the April event: some individual appointments will be held that evening following the seminar. The remaining 1 on 1 sessions will be in person or over the phone on April 7th or 10th.
Counseling appointments for the summer event will take place after the session.
Appointment times scheduled based on receipt of payment. We cannot sign you up for a counseling session until we receive your payment. There are limited counseling spots available the night of the workshop.
Navigating the High School Maze Seminar
Members may attend the training regardless of which campus your student will attend during the school year.
August 23rd, 2023
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Location: GVL- Grace Church (2701 Wade Hampton Boulevard, Greenville, SC 29615)
“I attended the high school seminar last year. It was invaluable! Not only did I learn about making schedules, writing course descriptions and making transcripts, but the one-on-one time was incredible. She helped me map out a plan for both children to ensure they had the credits they needed in order to graduate.” Lucia
Questions? Contact Suzanne Brown.